Friday, November 9, 2007

Upper dater

There's not really much to update. Karl and I survived the resulting haze from all of the southern California fires. We went to a wedding. We returned from the wedding, desperately wanting to move back up to northern California. The WGA is on strike, but not in front of Karl's office. Most of their scripts are "in the can" and already voiced. I'm going back to school next year, so I'm both excited and terrified at the same time, being that I'm pretty gun shy from my last attempt at graduate school. Karl and I are also headed to India for a couple of weeks. I'm looking forward to the trip, but it will be bittersweet. The last time I visited was in 2002. I won't be able to return until maybe 2011. A lot will have changed. A lot has already changed.

I also used my sewing machine for the first time. The inaugural project was a Winnie the Pooh baby blanket for a dear friend who is also an expectant mother. I spent two weeks cross stitching the pattern, and when I ran the sewing machine to finish it, I was thrilled. I now feel like my hands have gone arthritic with so much continuous stitching, which makes typing pretty painful.

No comments: